These are some of the activities carried out by members of the team MathPhys-UVa related with the promotion of Science (mainly Physics) among High School students, University students, and public in general.
J.F. Sanz-Requena, member of the Group, co-author of a paper in Nature Communications on the characterization of multilayer hazes over Saturn’s hexagon. See here ABC newspaper information.
Prof. Luis M. Nieto in the Spanish newspaper ABC (May 20, 2020): download pdf file
Members of the Group will take active part on the 2018-2019 BIE (Research-Excellence Baccalaureate) activities: UVa-BIE
Prof. Luis M. Nieto awarded the 2018 Social Advisory Board Prize: decision of the Jury
- Luis Miguel Nieto, catedrático de Física de la UVa, premio Consejo Social 2018, El Norte de Castilla, 31 de mayo
- El Consejo Social distingue la carrera del físico Luis Nieto, Diario de Valladolid-El mundo, 31 de mayo
- El catedrático de Física Teórica Luis Miguel Nieto, premio Consejo Social de la UVA, 2018 elnortedecastilla.es, 30 de mayo
- El Consejo Social de la UVA premia la trayectoria del catedrático de Física Teórica Luis Miguel Nieto Calzada, Tribuna de Valladolid, 30 de mayo
The Research Group in the Spanish newspaper ABC (May 21st, 2018): download pdf file
Homenaje a Stephen Hawking (Oxford, 1942 – Cambridge, 2018)
Con la participación del Prof. M. Santander (Física Teórica, UVa)
(March 27, 2018)
M. Santander and S. Mar in YouTube on the Nobrl Prize for the Gravitational Waves (in Spanish). Univ. Valladolid, December 2017. [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzQ5ZGH2DNU[/youtube] [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXWeHEOdo34[/youtube]
(December 22, 2017)
M. Santander in YouTube (in Spanish). Naukas Coruña 2017: 10.000 millones de años no son nada.
(February 25, 2017)
Gravitational waves: M. Santander in YouTube (in Spanish): [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-wVZLf2QFg&noredirect=1[/youtube]
(February 12, 2016)
Two members of MathPhys-UVa and two members of MathPhys-UBu are among the most cited Spanish scientists, according to the independent web DIH.
An independent study carried out by DIH (done in November 2015 and published in January 2016 ) shows that:
M. Santander (h=21), from the Univ. of Valladolid, appears in list of the most cited physicists in the area “Physics, Mathematical”.
L.M. Nieto (h=23), from the Univ. of Valladolid, appears in list of the most cited physicists in the area “Physics, Multidisciplinary”.
A. Ballesteros (h=22), from the Univ. of Burgos, appears in list of the most cited physicists in the area “Physics, Multidisciplinary”.
F.J. Herranz (h=21), from the Univ. of Burgos, appears in list of the most cited physicists in the area “Physics, Multidisciplinary”.
Profs. Santander and Nieto are two out of the 18 top scientists from the University of Valladolid. The complete information can be obtained in http://indice-h.webcindario.com/ (available only in Spanish).
The Research group in YouTube (in Spanish): [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCvM0fYhbDM[/youtube]
(December 26, 2015)
The Research group in the mass media (in Spanish):
dicyt (by Cristina Gonzalez Pedraz)
El Norte de Castilla (Valladolid local newspaper), Saturday 14 November 2015: an article by Prof. M. Santander on the 100-th anniversary of Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity.
A MathPhys-UVa related blog:
Prof. M. Santander keeps active the blog Una vista circular (in Spanish), a very interesting forum on different topics related with modern Physics, with more than 42,000 visits.
MathPhys-UVa and the RSEF:
Prof. M. Santander is presently the Head of the Royal Physical Spanish Society (RSEF) in Valladolid. As such, he is organising different activities, as the 2015 Soria Campus on Science in Depth (Campus de profundización científica).
- November 19, 2015, conference “Curvando el espacio – tiempo, desviando la luz. La Teoría de la Gravedad de Einstein cumpe 100 años“, by Prof. M. Santander at Valladolid Science Museum. Audio of the talk (in Spanish).
- August 10-14, 2015, Prof. J. Negro takes active part in the V-th Alcazaren Science Week 2015.
- May 8, 2015, conference of Prof. M. Santander organised by Valladolid Astronomy University Group: Cosmología 2015: un panorama, algunas instantáneas, varias preguntas y bastantes imágenes. Aula Magna del Aulario de la Facultad de Ciencias, Univ. de Valladolid.
- August 11-15 2014, Prof. J. Negro took active part in the IV-th Alcazaren Science Week.
- On April 1st, 2014, Prof. M. Santander took part on the colloquium “Incredible, but false” organized by Valladolid’s Science Museum.
- August 5-9 2013, Prof. J. Negro took active part in the III-th Alcazaren Science Week.
- August 6-10 2012, Prof. J. Negro took active part in the II-th Alcazaren Science Week.
- On September 28, 2012, Prof. M. Santander took part in one of the activities of the European Researchers’ night in Valladolid’s Science Museum, with a short talk on the Higg’s Boson.
- August 1-5 2011, Prof. J. Negro took active part in the I-th Alcazaren Science Week.